Drivecam HUB is being widely used for monitoring. This even provides GPS based status through its GPS antenna. The dedicated drivecam.com login page enables to manage and monitor your Drivecam.
This article will provide you the Drivecam HUB Connection Diagram and guide to install and use.
DC3/DC3PP Video Event Recorder & 5-Port HUB (Basic Installation)
Before being for other components installation you need to perform this basic installation.
This kit will have DC3/DC3P Video Event Recorder (VER), Windshield Mounting Bracket (other brackets available) and Torx Screws.
5-Port HUB Kit:
Use 5-Port HUB Connector with Cover, HUB Interconnect Cable (14 ft.) and HUB Power Cable (18 in.).
Once you are done with above basic installation, you can then plug the GPS Cable into the GPS Port on the HUB.
This kit provides DriveCam GPS Antenna with Attached Cable (10 ft.).
Note: There is no requirement of GPS Antenna for event recorder models configured with internal GPS receivers.
After finishing the basic installation you can install the remote trigger for using the remote trigger Kit.
Remote Trigger Kit:
This kit will provide you with DriveCam Remote Trigger (Pushbutton), Pushbutton Collar and Pushbutton Cable (4½ ft.).
Basic Installation Explained
Perform below steps for basic installation of DriveCam:
- You can place the cam on the windshield behind the rear view mirror on the passenger side of the vehicle. So Clean and dry your vehicle’s glass particularly at this area.
- Gently choose the mounting location. Loosen the Torx screws so that VER can rotate in the bracket.
- Now mark the mounting location on the glass and then remove the VER from the mounting bracket.
- Now attach the bracket to the windshield. Take caution while fixing it, as once it is fixed it will not easily come off.
- Plug the provided DC3/DC3P Power Cable (14 ft.) into the VER and then place the VER in the bracket.
- Route the DC3/DC3P Power Cable, for this you may need to remove the window shield. And then perform the electrical connection.
- Once this is complete, make connections to the 5-Port Hub.
- Now you test the RED WIRE connection (continuous power) and the BROWN WIRE connection (ignition-switched power).